Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Tagalog Classes for Kids - San Francisco & Berkeley
These classes are designed to teach Tagalog to children in a fun, effective and highly hands-on format. Grammar and conversation study will be combined with interactive & kinesthetic games, songs and storytelling in Tagalog for a richer immersion in the Filipino language and culture.
Rolling enrollment: each class, while building upon past knowledge, also stands as a separate lesson--so kids can jump in and start learning at any time!
3-6 year olds: 10 AM – 10:45 AM
7-12 year olds: 11:00 – 11:50 AM
San Francisco dates (Bayanihan Community Center):
May 9, May 16, May 23
East Bay / Berkeley dates
June 6, June 13, June 20 (La Peña):
June 27, July 11, July 18, July 25 (La Peña- to be confirmed)
note: no classes on May 30 and July 4
* classes are prorated & sibling discount is available *
To register, click here. Salamat!
1. Can there be a class where parents and kids learn together?
* For now, the classes for kids and adults are still held separately, but as always, parents are welcome to sit in and participate in the children's classes, as long as there's room.
2. Will there be classes in the South Bay?
* In the future, yes, & especially once we find a location for the classes (suggestions welcome!)*
3. Classes for teenagers?
* The kids' classes are designed for ages 3-13. For 13 and older, I'll be happy to organize a small group class on Saturdays starting at 12:30 PM if there's enough interest.(Berkeley and SF)
4. Are you available for private sessions?
Between my group class commitments, I'm open to having private classes at these time slots: Mondays & Wednesdays, 5-6 PM (SF); Saturdays, 12:30-2:30 PM (SF and Berkeley)... Feel free to contact me for other possibilities as well.